Thursday, April 1, 2010

making time for myself

I realized the other day that sometimes you need to make a little time for yourself. It is sometimes too easy to get caught up in all the chaos that we call life. Being a single working mom it can be especially hard. Recently I have found 2 things that I enjoy doing for myself though! (Thank heaven! I think I was driving the people around me crazy.)


Working out and paper crafts.



After moving to Utah my lifestyle changed a little since I didn't know anybody really and everything I was used to was 300 miles away. So I bought a yoga DVD. One small step for Mattie one giant improvement for Mattie's health. Kam and I started doing yoga every night before bed and I started to realize how much I enjoyed it! Not to mention how much I enjoyed watching Kam try to do the poses, not that I looked much more graceful, but that is beside the point. After about a month of doing the yoga every night I started to look into ways to eat healthier. That eventually led to me throwing out every ounce of junk food in my house and becoming a calorie counting freak and protein shake fanatic. Shortly after came the gym, then the personal trainer, and then some new workout clothes to stay motivated. You get the picture though. I can honestly say yoga was my gateway drug for a healthier lifestyle! Looking back I can't believe how much I didn't care about myself. I love living a healthy and active lifestyle and hope that I can set a great example for Kam.
Now for the paper crafts....this is becoming an addiction. I used to do them a lot with my older sister April, but then it gradually took a back burner to other things. I discovered that one of my friends in Utah is very much into them, so, I was intrigued. GIRLS NIGHT! After a trip to Robert's that was supposed to take 10 minutes, but turned into 60 because we were practically skipping down aisles, we headed back to my house to craft. And craft we did! I still need to get better at it, I'm a little rusty. Here are some pictures of the event. I hope we can do more soon! I'm hooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment