Thursday, November 29, 2012

A year in photos...

It has been a year since I have done this. (I used to be so on top of this blog!) For the record this past year has been a busy year so at least I have a reason as to why I fell behind, or at least an excuse. To make it easier I decided to just do a picture for each month. So here you have it, a year in photos.....

January, date night. This month was so cold we stayed inside for most of it. We developed a date night tradition this month also. I want Kam to look back and remember doing those one on one things with me that so many kids don't get. One of the advantages to being a single momma, he is my one and only!

 



February! I made a fun little weekend trip to Vegas with my great friends Jackie and Jenn. It all spurred on the idea of going for Valentines Day since we (well Jackie and I) were single. I ate way too much food and spent 3 nights walking the strip with some great people!


March...I turned 24. One more year to lower insurance rates! I celebrated with a Jazz vs Heat basketball game, sushi at my favorite sushi joint in Salt Lake, and a glass of wine. All of course all happened with the best girlfriends a girl could ask for!


April- Kam learned about cooties. Kam also learned that Moms are cootie free and are always allowed in his bedroom. Especially to help clean it up. :)


May, AKA national ride your bike month. Seeing as how it is a whole month dedicated to pedaling, I went out and bought myself some new wheels. This was by far one of the best investments a person can make. I dropped 2 pant sizes, and started onto a much healthier lifestyle. Not to mention it is an activity that Kam enjoys doing with me.


June, the beginning of summer! Kam and I were lucky enough to get invited to go boating at Palisades with my friend Andrea. It was a BLAST!! Kam loved every minute of it and it was worth the blistering sunburn. For the record, Neutrogena waterproof SPF 50 spray can does in fact NOT work.


July- UPGRADED! Kam and I got a shiny new whip! It is a Ford Fusion. I took it upon myself to name her "The Fuss". That way when people say "What is all the fuss about?!" I can just point to my girl.


August, summertime was slowly coming to an end. This is Kam and I enjoying ourselves at a baseball game. This was one of our fun little date nights that I mentioned in January. Please refer to the first picture for further information.


September, one of my favorite months because of the annual Colton family reunion. This year it was just Clint, Kam, and myself that went to represent my family, but it was so much fun! We did a photo booth for an activity and it was a hit!


October... BOO! Kam was a cute little spiderman for Halloween. Ok ok, he was the custest spiderman there ever was! He was so sweet and cute at each house. We wrapped up our night of spooks and scares with some carmel apple cider at Starbucks.


November, a month of thanks. I was lucky enough to host the big dinner this year for my family. My first time cooking a bird and it was a SUCCESS! I am so thankful for this wonderful life I have been blessed with and all those whom I get to share it with!

No comments:

Post a Comment