Monday, December 19, 2011

23 years young and 4 years old

Kam will be turning 4 on Wednesday. 4. I can't believe that it has already been 4 years. I mean really. Really? Yes, really. I had no idea when I was 19 that my life was just beginning. To be more precise a life with purpose. The past 4 years has been an adventure of sorts. With any adventure there has been surprises, challenges, trials and excitement. This adventure in particular has had a whole lot of love. . .

I know my post about Kam's birthday is coming a few days early, but to be completely honest I don't think my hands will be empty that day so I won't be able to type this on his birthday . Why you ask? Well the answer is because I will be too busy holding him. Too busy enjoying every minute that I am able to wrap my arms around him and take in his young innocence. If the first few years have went by this fast I can't imagine the next few. The thought of him getting taller and bigger than me causes that lump to form in my throat. We all know that lump I am talking about. Its a terrible one. I may or may not have it right now just thinking about him growing up. I just want to take the next few days of him being 3 and hold onto it forever.

I have learned so much over the past few years. Some examples of those lessons are to never cry over spilt milk (literally. Even if it is on your brand new furniture. You cry they cry. Not good.), no day is so bad it  cannot be fixed with a nap, be curious, and read every day. I feel like I am getting younger every year thanks to Kam. I giggle like a school girl and run around through the sprinklers every summer. If you ever need to feel young again throw on a suit and skip through the sprinklers. Guaranteed elixir for aging.

As much as I don't want my baby to become a man I unfortunately know it is inevitable. As it pains me to say it I am looking forward to the next year however. Now if you would excuse me I have a 3 year old that will only want to sleep in my bed for so much longer to go cuddle with. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment