Friday, July 8, 2011

What Have We Been Up To

Kam and I have been extremely busy the past week or so. Jess and I did our first craft booth. We learned the hard way that procrastination is NOT key. We drank lots of coffee and had 1 too many late nights. By late I mean sewing blankets until 3:00 AM. Not the best idea. That took up a lot of my time. A lot.

We spent the 4th in Malad with my family. It was supposed to be a 2 night stay, which turned into a 5 night stay. The tags on my car expired on Friday the 1st. I went to the courthouse (In Malad) Friday at 4:47. They close at 4:45. Is this some sort of sick joke?! Nope. The woman was very rude and was more interested in calling in her fried chicken order to Thomas Market than even acknowledging my presence. Since it was a holiday weekend I decided to just stay in Malad rather than drive through Utah with expired tags. This meant that I would have to stay until Tuesday morning to get them taken care of. I hope her fried chicken was worth it. I am still frustrated.

My sister, Carrie, and her family came to Malad which was fun because the cousins got to play together. Kam cannot get enough of his cousins. Jason loves him so much. It is adorable to watch Jason follow "Mameron" around. That was one plus to staying an extra 3 nights. Too bad they left for Rigby on Sunday which left me for 2 more nights and nobody to keep me entertained.

The parade was on Monday and Kam loved every minute of that. He made out pretty darn good as far as the amount of candy he got. His little Elmo bucket was full. He even got an otter pop and a bottle of water. The throwing of the water bottles was a bit concerning to me. They were throwing them pretty hard and the audience consisted mostly of small children. Big red flag? Yeah I thought so. Later that day I found Kam in a candy coma passed out on the living room floor. In his boxers. Surrounded by candy wrappers. He had a high fructose corn syrup crash apparently.

By the time Tuesday rolled around I was ready to get the hell out of dodge. I got my car registered by the woman who loves fried chicken and jetted for Logan. **I left out the small part that while in Malad my eyes were extremely itchy and red. What I thought was allergies.** I met Kam's dad at my work and they took him for his days with daddy. I sat in the parking lot for a few minutes thinking about my extreme eye conditions. It was bad. I thought I better go to the doctor since pink eye has been going around Malad and I am extremely paranoid. $150 later the doctor has a prescription for some antibiotics and told me to "treat it like pink eye since I was exposed." There was however, a small chance that it could be an infection from wearing my contacts too much with all the allergies. So here I am sitting at the urgent care thinking "of all the weekends to contract some highly contagious infection, it had to be the one that I was around a gazillion people. Awesome." My work told me that I couldn't work until it was taken care of, which is 5 days, which means a week off work. So here I am, no work, no Kam, and noooo desire to pick up a craft project after that booth. So I napped. A lot. It was amazing.

That is the past 2 weeks in a giant nutshell. Now here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Remember that Mother's Day flower Kam gave me? The flower that had 1 tiny little flower blooming on it? Well this is it now. I am so proud I can not only keep Kam alive for as long as I have, but I can also turn that tiny little flower into this masterpiece!!!

My mohawked little guy chowing down on 1 of the 5 dozen cookies we baked. I love him so much.
Happy Birthday America!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yea you big blogger drop out! ;) Life got busy... I am glad you did a craft booth, Mattie! I bet it was amazing!